The SUNY Faculty Advisory Council on Teaching and Technology (FACT2) has evolved over more than two decades to become a well-established venue to foster collaboration and consensus within a highly diverse university community. FACT2 governance includes representatives from faculty, librarians, and IT across individual campuses from all Carnegie sectors. FACT2 also serves as an umbrella organization, distributing information from other system-wide governance and advisory organizations. It provides a forum for addressing forward-thinking teaching and learning issues. Well-known and widely respected throughout the SUNY system, FACT2 reports to the SUNY Provost and has a history of working productively with SUNY system administration.
MissionFACT2 is an advisory body to the SUNY Provost, advocating and acting as a resource for University stakeholders at the nexus of technology, pedagogy and research.
PurposeOur purpose is to:
- Improve the learning environment and expertise of faculty and instructional support staff.
- Enhance the teaching and learning process through the use of technology.
- Increase networking, collaboration and sharing of best practices.
- Advocate for appropriately equipped and designed learning spaces.
- State University of New York (SUNY)
- SUNY Strategic Plan
- Office of the Provost
- Open SUNY
- SUNY Learning Commons
- SUNY Center for Professional Development (CPD)
- SUNY Faculty Council of Community Colleges (FCCC)
- SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA)
- SUNY University Faculty Senate
- Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC)
- CIT 2011 Video Highlights