The Innovative Instruction Technology Grant (IITG) program promotes research and fosters understanding of how new technologies support academic excellence and student success. IITG leverages a “network of networks”, including tools and practices that will collaboratively increase efficiency and capacity for SUNY-wide delivery of high quality instruction. The Chancellor, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and SUNY Board of Trustees have endorsed solutions that will:
- Enhance teaching and learning by providing affordable, innovative, and flexible education in a full range of instructional formats
- Develop instructional talent by creating and supporting communities of practice across disciplines and institutions
- Support, monitor and embrace research on pedagogical practices to continually improve the instructional practices of SUNY faculty
- Extend teaching and learning environments to provide new avenues for development and delivery of collaborative content, courses, and programs in New York and across the globe through Open SUNY
- Align with the four themes in Chancellor Kristina Johnson’s 2018 State of the University address: Innovation & Entrepreneurship; Individualized Education; Sustainability; and Partnerships.
- Support inclusive excellence and post traditional learners to have “Transformational Impact” on SUNY’s overall completion agenda.
The Innovative Instruction Research Council (IIRC) provides advisory oversight of the IITG program. The IIRC is made up of members from all campus sectors in SUNY as well as relevant staff in SUNY System Administration. The IIRC helps craft the RFP and assists in the proposal review process.
IITG aligns with Open SUNY – a system-wide effort designed to maximize online-enabled learning opportunities for all current and future SUNY students. Open SUNY supports campuses and faculty in increasing access, completion, and success for their students. Open SUNY draws on a rich history of innovative instruction within the SUNY system.
IITG receives administrative support from The SUNY Center for Professional Development (CPD). The CPD a collaborative central resource for the SUNY community providing access to high quality professional development opportunities focused on the latest trends and established best practices in higher education to enhance the capability of SUNY faculty and staff and increase SUNY’s competitive advantage.