- Donna Simiele, Niagara County Community College
Niagara County Community College
- Melanie Ryan, Alfred State
- Ellen Sidey, Alfred State
Alfred State College
Faculty development conference to support online accessible content.
We are working on making our course content accessible to the widest possible student population, which will increase enrollment by reaching those students that need additional support. We are also training and educating faculty about accessibility, which will also ensure that our courses have no barriers to students with special needs and make us a compassionate campus.
- David S Abbott, Buffalo State
- Kathleen Falconer, Buffalo State
- David Ettestad, Buffalo State
- David Henry, Buffalo State
- Brad Gearhart, Buffalo State
Buffalo State College
Creation of OER learning objects (videos and lab experiment materials) for Introductory Mechanics courses.
We employed new technologies (tablet video analysis and production) to physics learning in both entry level and advanced pedagogical methods classes in new ways, seeking to extend subject appeal to more students, including hopefully, traditionally underrepresented students. The intervention was iPad (Tablet) based, but we hope to extend to mainstream modern smart camera phones.
- Tony Dumas, The College at Brockport
- Kirsty Digger, SUNY Delhi
- Michelle Rogers-Estable, SUNY Delhi
- Mary Pat Lewis, SUNY Delhi
Delhi, College of Technology at
Developing online lessons to improve student success in general chemistry and organic chemistry labs
- Stephen Cooke, Purchase College Chemistry
- Joe Skrivanek, Purchase College Chemistry
- Monika Eckenberg, Purchase College Chemistry
Purchase, State University College at
Quality by Design: Strategies for Effective Teaching and Quality Course Design. An Online Faculty Development Course and Open Educational Resource (OER)
- Jeremiah Grabowski, University at Buffalo
- Roberta (Robin) Sullivan, University at Buffalo
- Cherie van Putten, Binghamton University
- Nathan Whitley-Grassi, Empire State College
- Martha Greatrix, University at Buffalo
- Caryn Sobieski-VanDelinder, University at Buffalo
- Steven Sturman, University at Buffalo
- Christopher Price, SUNY Center for Professional Development
- Lisa Dubuc, Niagara County Community College
- Dan Feinberg, Open SUNY
University at Buffalo
- Christine Kroll, University at Buffalo
- Ming Chiu, University at Buffalo
- Peter Shea, University of Albany
- Robert Bangert Drowns, University of Albany
- Suzanne Miller, University at Buffalo
- Yik Ting Choi, University of Hong Kong
University at Buffalo
A research partnership between Buffalo and Albany to examine research based best practices for online SUNY teaching.
Curriculum design, teacher education pedagogy and cognitive science reviewed for modules development, along with instructor guides and course materials. Beta release of 2 week, 1 credit courses targeted for spring 2016.