Interested in Online Teaching? is a self-paced course produced by the Open SUNY Online Teaching unit (formerly the Open SUNY Center for Online Teaching Excellence) for those interested in learning more about online teaching and learning in general and at SUNY. The design and development of this course could not have been possible without the contributions of many people. Open SUNY Online Teaching would like to recognize and thank everyone who participated and assisted – especially the volunteer faculty and staff willing to share what they know for the benefit of the Open SUNY online community of practice.
In particular, Open SUNY Online Teaching would also like to recognize the volunteer campus representatives who served on the Open SUNY Core and Expert Online Competency Development Teams, for their contributions to the identification, definition, and refinement of the fundamental online competencies used as the foundation for the design and definition of the course objectives and other elements of this online course.
Thank you for sharing your time and expertise!
Alexandra M. Pickett
Core and Expert Teams Leader
Open SUNY Competency Development Core Team: From November 2013 through August 2014
- Linda Lawrence, Coordinator of Instructor Development, Center for Distance Learning, Empire State College
- Bill Pelz, Instructional Designer, Herkimer College
- Carine Surdey, Senior Instructional Designer and Adjunct Instructor, Teaching Resource Center, SUNY Broome Community College
- Pam Youngs-Maher, Director of Online & Distance Learning, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Chris Price, Director, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, The College at Brockport, State University of New York
- Anne Reed, Instructional Designer, University at Buffalo Graduate School of Education, University at Buffalo
Open SUNY Competency Development Expert Team: From November 2013 through February 2014
- Peter Shea, Associate Provost for Online Learning and Associate Professor in the department of Educational Theory and Practice with a joint appointment with the Department of Informatics in the College of Engineering and Applied Science, University at Albany
- Terry Keys, Associate Vice President, Instructional Services, Monroe Community College.
- Tom Mackey, Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Professor, SUNY Empire State College
Open SUNY Online Teaching Staff and Associates
- Alexandra M. Pickett: Project Sponsor, Concept, and Co-Developer/Designer
- Dan Feinberg: Project Manager
- Erin Maney & Rob Piorkowski: Course Reviewers
- James Harris: Communications Coordinator
- Phylise Banner: Interested Course Learning Experience Designer and Course Developer
- Shawn Banner: Illustrator
- Jeremy Case: Lead Videographer and Multimedia Specialist, Monroe Community College
- Amelia Manders: WordPress Queen
With our heartfelt thanks we’d like to also acknowledge that access to some of the videos used in this resource were provided by Epigeum, part of Oxford University Press. The original videos are also available at https://vimeo.com/album/2653162
Interested in Teaching Online is self-paced online resource made available by the State University of New York, through its Open SUNY® Online Teaching unit, under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/. Open SUNY and its logo are registered trademarks of the State University of New York.