Massive Open Online Courses – MOOCs – “are a team sport” – instructors must lead campus-based support teams for success!
Are MOOCs for me?
- Start with Faculty FAQ’s
- Use your campus email address to create a Coursera Account
- Browse current Coursera offerings to determine how your course will be unique!
- Email the SUNY Help Desk to be added to a Faculty Development Course to “test drive” platform features AND enable you to self-enroll in Coursera 101, designed to help faculty and support staff create engaging content.
- Join the “MOOCshake” to receive SUNY Coursera announcements and updates.
- Read through SUNY Colleague Testimonials
Moving from Exploration to Creation
- Complete this form to start the on boarding process – it guides what’s needed at the campus level to get started. Once received, a member of the SUNY-Coursera Partnership team will schedule a conference call to discuss options.
Coursera’s “Getting Started” Resources
- Graphical overview of course modules, specializations and degree construction
- Planning a Course
- Content Production Resources (technical questions and content and marketing strategy)
- Coursera Learning Workshop Materials (Google Drive Folder)
- Coursera Marketing Workshop Materials (Google Drive Folder)
- Already have a Coursera Account and Developing a Course? Enroll in Coursera 101