National University Technology Network (NUTN) Membership for SLN & CPD Campuses
We’re delighted to announce a new benefit of membership in the SUNY Learning Network (SLN) and/or the SUNY Center for Professional Development (CPD). All campuses who are SLN and/or CPD members are now part of the SUNY system membership in the National University Technology Network (NUTN) http://nutn.org. The NUTN Network is a professional association for higher education leaders involved in the use of technology in education.
NUTN Network members represent a widely diverse group of innovative leaders in the advancement of teaching and learning. NUTN recognizes that our member institutions are at many different points along the continuum of the implementation of educational technologies. The organization provides member institutions the opportunity for networking and collaboration to face the challenges for successful implementation of these technologies.
Through your membership in SLN and/or CPD, your institution is now a NUTN member institution. Benefits of membership include:
· Ability to identify up to five institutional contacts to receive NUTN listserv announcements and communications about NUTN activities and events.
· Eligibility to be nominated to serve on the NUTN Network Advisory Board (one campus representative from a SUNY campus is eligible at any time).
· NUTN Member rates at all NUTN sponsored conferences and events.
· Participation in NUTN Committees and events sponsored by NUTN.
· Information sharing and networking with NUTN colleagues.
· Link to your institution’s website from the NUTN website.
· Opportunity to be highlighted in one annual newsletter article to focus on a distance education project or breakthrough at your institution (one article from one SUNY campus per year).
· Access to two STARLINK professional development programs annually. STARLINK is The State of Texas Academic Resource Link (STARLINK), a video-based, higher education professional development network. http://www.starlinktraining.org/
· Promotion on the NUTN Network website of published works or activity of employees of your institution.
· Access to the NUTN Institutional Profile database.
· Receive NUTN’s weekly “NUTN Network News Digest.
For information on NUTN activities and upcoming events, please visit the NUTN website at http:///NUTN.org.
The NUTN advisory board will be coordinating a NUTN/SUNY colloquy at the SLN SOLsummit 2012 to meet the new SUNY members and to demonstrate the benefits of membership in NUTN. Stay tuned for details: #SLNSOLSUMMIT @SLNSOLSUMMIT http://slnsolsummit2012.edublogs.org/