Open SUNY Online Teaching Report – April 2018
Transition to Online Teaching status:
- Continuing to work on transitioning resources and materials/web presences.
Open SUNY Summit – wrap-up
- 90 attendees
- 72 SUNY participants
- 18 non-SUNY participants
- Recordings: http://opensunysummit2018.edublogs.org/mediasite/
- Materials: http://opensunysummit2018.edublogs.org/registration/materials/
- Chancellor Johnson’s remarks opening the Summit: https://youtu.be/shryCSgMxR4
- Next year the Summit will me March 6-8, 2019 in Syracuse, NY, and the keynote will be Sara Goldrick-Rab – 20th anniversary of the Summit!
Webinar and Video Resource links:
- Links Fellow Chat playlist: https://youtu.be/vWMMJLRl2_s
- Links to some older Fellow Chats: http://ow.ly/xFAOn
- Fellow Chat next week: Dr. Kristina Mitchell, Instructor of Political Science at Texas Tech University. Topic: Gender Bias in Student Evaluations Tuesday, April 17 2018 at noon ET. Free Registration: https://sunycpd.eventsair.com/CEPortal/programs/portal
Working with FIT, RCC, and Downstate Medical to train new faculty/develop courses. Providing direct new online faculty support to Downstate.
Working with OLC to provide feedback on the new OLC OSCQR dashboard and rubric.
OLC Innovate next week
- i. Invited pre-conference workshop
- ii. Presentation on Open SUNY ‘Interested in Teaching Online?’
- iii. Meeting with OLC partners.
- iv. OLC effective practice award for the Open SUNY Online Teaching resource – “Open SUNY ‘Interested in Teaching Online?’: A Large-Scale Online Faculty Readiness Resource” will be presented at the OLC Innovate 2018 conference next week in Nashville, TN.
- Promotional flyer you can share/print and put up: http://bit.ly/OpenSUNYinterestedflyer
Open SUNY is a named convener and will participate in the NMC future Convening event: Unconference – The Future of Learning in a Digital Age
- Keynote for the 2018 Online Learning Innovation Summit for University of Alabama faculty and staff. January 26, 2018. Topic: Inspiring Success in Online Teaching
- Keynote speaker for 2018 TOPkit Workshop (March 14). Teaching Online Preparation Toolkit, March 14 – 15, 2018. Topic: Online Faculty Development at Scale
- Keynote speaker for the inaugural Teaching Narratives Symposium at St. John’s University, Long Island, NY on May 31. Topic: Conceptualizing Active Learning for the Online Classroom