STORYMAP JS: OVERVIEW
1. Getting Started:
- Go to the StoryMap JS website. For this website, you need to have a Google account.
- Click on “Make a StoryMap Now” (at the top of the homepage).
- Sign into your Google account.
- To create a new project, click on “New.”
- StoryMap will give you the option to choose whether your StoryMap will be either “Map” or “gigapixel.” For now, choose “Map.”
STORYMAP JS: HOW TO GET STARTED (Video tutorial)
2. How to Add a Slide and Image
- To add a slide, go to the slide bar located at the left side of your project.
- Next, click on “Add Slide.”
- To rearrange the order of your slide, select a slide, click and hold the slide to then move it in any order you please.
- To add an image, go to the media section of the project located on the bottom-left of the page.
- You can insert an image by inserting an “Image URL” at the url bar under”media. However, your image must be a JPEG file– otherwise, the image will not be presented.
- Another way of inserting image to a slide is by clicking on “Upload an Image”. Again, this image must be a JPEG file. You are also able to insert a video from a video hosting (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo etc).
To use a JPEG image online:
- Right-click on the image and select “Copy Image URL.”
- Return to your project and select “Slide Options.”
- Paste your image url into “Background Image.” You may also set your uploaded images as a background image.
- To add color for the backgroun, go to “Background Color.”
STORYMAP JS: HOW TO ADD AN IMAGE (Video tutorial)
STORYMAP JS: HOW TO ADD A BACKGROUND IMAGE AND COLOR (Video tutorial)
3. How to Add Title, Caption, and Credit
- To add a title in each slide, you must go to “Headline.” If you want to type a sub-headline, then you can insert your text under “Headline” in the text-square above “Slide Options.”
- To add a caption for images, go to “Caption.”
- If you want to add credit for inserting any image/video, go to the “Credit” section.