The following goals and strategies are aligned with the Open SUNY Vision and Mission that were developed to advance online learning at both the campus and system level with a primary emphasis on the Completion Agenda.
Goal #1: Build supports and resources for students, faculty and campuses to promote individualized education with online learning opportunities to assist students in achieving their academic goals.
• Improve the capability to attract, enroll, and retain post-traditional online learners across all sectors and online delivery models.
• Promote individualized and non-traditional educational opportunities to assist students in meeting their educational goals.
• Expand collaborative models with student service and enrollment initiatives.
• Expand faculty and staff access to effective online teaching practices and other resources to support online faculty.
• Promote OER initiatives/services and other curricular innovations that help students with financial, academic, and life-management challenges.
Goal #2: Facilitate innovation to enable the strategic growth of online learning throughout SUNY.
• Promote Open SUNY, the work of the Communities of Practice, and effective practices in online education to broad audiences.
• Leverage funding through IITG and SUNY Investment Fund to promote innovation for the advancement of online learning across SUNY.
• Work with online campus leaders to conduct or promote participation in research, inform best practices across sectors, and provides guidance for Open SUNY goals and strategies.
Goal #3: Promote sustainability of campus online learning initiatives through strategic planning, effective use of data, change management, and allocation of resources.
• Promote blended and cross campus models to support integrated space planning and cost effective delivery systems.
• Focus on degrees and credentials that transfer or provide an iterative pathway to workforce development and support continuing education needs of NYS employers.
• Facilitate research related to flexible learning environments (including virtual) spaces, OER implementation, and non-traditional delivery models.
• Work with campuses to identify and promote technology related green initiatives for the creation and delivery of online content.
• Facilitate strategic change management through campus consulting engagements and building a change management CoP for campus leaders and thought leadership stakeholders.
Goal #4: Foster strategic business partnerships to expand online learning opportunities to regional, national and global learners.
• Evaluate vendor relationships to maximize buying power for SUNY campuses.
• Work with SUNY System Administration offices responsible for workforce and economic development to establish a partnership model and process for the inclusion of online learning in SUNY partnership opportunities.
• Maintain and grow relationships with organizations supporting the scaling and continuous improvement of competency development as well as innovations in online teaching and learning.
• Support entrepreneurial partnerships with non-SUNY institutions/systems and organizations to promote and benefit SUNY.