Add Image or Video to a Post in Blackboard
The discussion board is one of the most widely used features in Blackboard. Many online classes use the discussion board to encourage dialogue, class participation, and peer-to-peer feedback. In many cases, a professor will require links, photos, and videos in a discussion board post. Use the Content Editor to customize discussion board posts.
Add an Image
When the content editor pops up, use these steps to add an image:
- Browse your computer for the image. The image must be in .GIF, .JPG, .JPEG, .BMP, .PNG, or .TIF format.
- Enter an image description (optional unless required by your professor).
- Add an image title (optional unless required by your professor).
- Click insert.
In the appearance tab, you can change the properties of the photo and its placement.
Add a link to a Post
- Select Browse My Computer if you want to link to a file on your computer
- Select Browse Content Collection if you have an item saved in your Content Collection
- Click Source URL if you want to add a link from an outside source. (THIS IS THE MOST COMMON)
- Once you add the link, hit Submit
Add a Link to Text
You can add hyperlinks to text in the text box. When you add text, highlight the keywords to which you want to add a link.
When the hyperlink editor box pops up, paste the link in the Link Path area. Next, click on the chevron icon in the Target area. Here you can choose to have the link open in the same window or open in a new window.
ALERT: Many professors prefer that you have the link open in a new screen so the Blackboard page doesn’t close
- Highlight the text.
- Click on the link icon in the second row of the content editor.
- Click insert.
Add a YouTube Video
Helpful Hint: To insert a YouTube video from another channel, use the insert URL option discussed before.