Adding a Rubric to an Assignment/Forum
1. When creating an assignment, under Settings>Grading, click on the Add Rubric button for Associated Rubrics then Select Rubric.
1a. When creating a forum, under Edit Forum>Grade, once you check the option for Grade Discussion Forum: Points Possible the option for Associated Rubrics will appear.
2. Check the rubric and click Submit. The icon next to the name allows you to preview the rubric.
3. Once submitted, the rubric will appear on the settings page.
The three icons that appear first allow you to remove the rubric, preview, or edit.
The Type options are Used for Grading or Used for Secondary Evaluation.
The Show Rubric to student has three options:
Yes(with Rubric Scores) will show the rubric to students when the item is available, including all grading information
Yes(without Rubric Scores) will show the students the rubric with the item is available, but does not include grading information
After Grading will show the students the rubric and grading information after the submission is graded
- After the settings for the rubric and other settings for the item are filled out click Submit.
5. When a student opens an assignment, they will see under Assignment Information, the points possible and the option to view the rubric if the settings to Show Rubric are set to yes.
5a. When a student opens a forum, if the option to show rubric is selected, they will see a button for Grading Information on the top of the forum. When they click this button, on the right-hand side, there will be an icon to display the rubric.