Adding Extra Credit to a Test
Instructors can add extra credit to assignments and tests in Blackboard. Open SUNY support has tips for adding extra credit to the grade book in online classes.
Add Extra Credit to Tests
You can give students extra credit on tests they take. Extra credit is not available for surveys and pools. Extra credit points are added to a single question in a test. This benefits the students because they get don’t get penalized for answering wrong, but instead benefit from answering them correctly. Instructors must remove the extra credit questions from the total points area, and add them after the regular test questions are created.
- Open the Control Panel in the course and select Tests, Surveys, and Pools in the Course Tools section. Click on
- Select the chevron icon next to the name of the test, and click When the test opens, click on the Question Settings option.
- When the screen opens, click the box next to Provide option to assign questions as extra credit.
- Click Submit
Once you have enabled the option, you can change the points for the question.
- Click on the points box next to the question you want to make extra credit.
- Change the points value, and select Extra Credit.
- Click Submit.