How to Create a Discussion Board Post in Blackboard
Discussion boards are created in Blackboard to increase participation and encourage dialogue in an online class. To create a discussion board or respond to a thread, check out a few tips from the Open SUNY HelpDesk.
- Access the discussion by clicking the Discussions link in the course menu, locate and click on the forum.
- If no Discussions link exists in the menu, navigate to the appropriate content area and click on the forum link set up by your instructor.
- Click the Create Thread button
- Enter a Subject and being typing your post in the Message box.
- You will be given access to text editing tools to help format your post.
- If needed, there is also an option to attach a file to the post.
- You now have the option to Save Draft to continue working later or you can click Submit to publish the post.
Read more about discussion board posts: Add an image or video to a post in Blackboard