How to Submit an Assignment
In your online class. you will submit assignments to your professor for grading. Many assignments require you to upload a document. These steps will help you submit an assignment in Blackboard.
Steps to Submit an Assignment in Blackboard
First, go into the content area where your assignment is located. Access the assignment by clicking on the assignment name. The Assignment information area will display with the following information:
- The assignment name
- Any instructions provided by your instructor
- The Due Date (if one is set)
- The number of points the assignment is worth
- Any attached files required for completing the assignment
You will have two submission options for your document.
- Text Submission – Clicking the Write Submission button allows you to type your assignment directly in Blackboard by giving you access to text editing tools to help format your submission.
- Attach File – You can submit a file attachment by clicking Browse My Computer > locating the saved file > selecting the file.
Accepted file types can be found at the link below:
If you wish to remove the file before submitting, click Do Not Attach.
When ready you can click Submit. You will be brought to a page to review your submission.