How to Create an OLI Link in Blackboard
- In edit mode, select Web Link under Build Content.
- Enter a name for the link. This can be anything you like, e.g. 14-107: Statistical Reasoning.
- For the URL, enter: https://oli.cmu.edu/jcourse/webui/basiclti.do
- Check the box labeled “This link is to a Tool Provider.”
- If the item you are linking to will not be graded, select “No” under “Enable Evaluation.”
- Under options, change “Open in New Window” to “Yes.”
- Press OK to add the link.
When you click the link in Blackboard, you will be asked to create a course on the OLI site OR link to an existing course you previously created on the OLI site. When finished, the Blackboard link will point students directly to your course in OLI.
Giving Students Access to OLI Content
Once new OLI course is set up and linked in Blackboard:
- Create links in Blackboard
- When logged in as instructor in Blackboard, click OLI link
- Prompt appears for OLI course key, username and password
- Enter those credentials to activate that OLI course with the respective Blackboard course
- This will enable that OLI content for the entire class
Benefits of OLI Integration?
When you use the OLI integration, you can keep everything contained in Blackboard (OLI content, course outline, notes, etc.), as well as eliminate requiring students to have to log into a separate platform using different credentials.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions please contact:
SUNY OER Services
1-844-673-6786 | OER@suny.edu
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.