How to Take a Test in Blackboard
Before taking a test in Blackboard for your online class, make sure you and your computer are ready:
- You may want to start by clearing your browser’s cache. For steps to clear cache, click here.
- Make sure you have a reliable Internet connection. If possible, use a wired connection to reduce the chance of losing connection.
- Use an up-to-date browser.
- Review the test availability times.
- Contact your Instructor if you are unsure of the test dates.
- Start the test early to allow yourself enough time in case you need technical assistance.
When you are ready to start the test:
- Navigate to the appropriate content area where the test is located.
- If you are unsure of where to locate the test, contact your instructor for further information.
- Click on the name of the test.
- Review the instructions. Make note of any timer settings and force completion.
- If force completion is enabled, make sure you have a stable Internet connection as this setting requires a constant connection to the test. Force completion requires users to finish the test in one sitting.
- If a timer is set, once the test is started the timer begins and does not stop whether you are in the test or not.
- After reviewing the instructions click Begin.
- You will see the test information and the Question Completion Status bar at the top of the test. If a timer is set, you will see the timer as part of the completion status bar.
- Once all questions have been answered, click the Save and Submit button to submit your attempt.
- You will now see a submission confirmation page. Click the OK button in the lower right to view your results.
Read More about Tests in Blackboard: Tips for Using Blackboard