The OER Community Course series is a collection of mini-courses thematically related to the topic of using open educational resources (OER) in higher ed.
While the primary audience is faculty and staff within the State University of New York (SUNY) system, we welcome you to adopt and adapt any piece of it that’s useful to you in other settings. All course material is available in WordPress, Pressbooks, and Google Drive formats; components can also be found on SoundCloud and YouTube. Everything is available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license, unless otherwise noted.
SUNY OER Services designed this series in partnership with many offices within SUNY, including the Center for Professional Development, the Office of Library and Information Services, and Open SUNY. These courses were borne out of many interactions with faculty, librarians, instructional designers, information technologists, administrators, and students across our 64 SUNY institutions. We deeply appreciate the contributions and feedback we received from across the SUNY community to help bring these to life.
If you have any questions or would like to tell us how you’re using it, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alexis Clifton, Executive Director, SUNY OER Services
Lead Course Contributors
- Phylise Banner, Learning Experience Designer and OER Advocate
- Jeremy Case, Monroe Community College
- Michael Daly, Fulton Montgomery Community College
- Tony DeFranco, Tompkins Cortland Community College
- Leah Galka, Buffalo State College
- Erin Maney, Open SUNY & SUNY OER Services
- Laura Murray, SUNY OER Services
- Bill Pelz, Herkimer College
- Kerrie Wilkes, SUNY Fredonia